1. Lesson objectives
– Teach students some correct techniques in typing keyboard with 10 finger.
– Practice typing, improve your ability to type quickly and accurately.
– Introduce and guide students to install some common softwares.
2. Typing technique on the computer
It is important to note the position of the keys and how to place your hands on the keyboard to achieve the best typing speed.
Some software to practice typing
- Typing Master (www.typingmaster.com)
- Typer Shark Deluxe
- Typing test online (www.typingtest.com)
- Typing online (www.typing.com)
- 10fastfingers (www.10fastfingers.com)
3. Install some common softwares
3.1. Some common softwares
– Microsoft Office
– Unikey (Vietnamese typing)
– Winrar, 7Zip (compress and extract files)
– UltraISO (virtual disk creation software)
– Snip & Sketch (screen capture)
– Teamviewer (remote computer access)
– ZoomIt (magnify the screen)
– Notepad++ (text editing software)
– Total Commader (file system manager)
3.2. Softwares in the field of Information Technology
– Softwares group of network operating systems (Windows Server, CentOS)
– Microsoft Visual Code (Integrated Deployment Environment)
– WampServer (create website server)
– Microsoft Visual Studio (Integrated Deployment Environment)
– Microsoft SQL Server (Database Management System)
– XAMPP (create website server)
– Sublime Text (text editing software)
– VMWare (create virtual machine)
– NetBean, Eclipse (Integrated Deployment Environment for Java)
– Java Runtime Enviroment (JRE), Java Development Kit (JDK) (environment for Java)
– .NET Framework
– Adobe Photoshop (graphic editor)
– CorelDRAW (vector graphics editor software)
3.3. Steps to install softwares
Step 1. Determine the appropriate configuration between the software and the operating system. For software, it is necessary to determine the software version suitable for 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) operating system. Besides, it is necessary to pay attention to the minimum configuration that allow the software to run, this information is provided on the software homepage.
Step 2. Find and download the software file to install.
Step 3. Install libraries and related software (if any).
Step 4. Launch the installation file (usually named software name, setup, install,…).
Step 5. Follow the installation steps of the software.
Step 6. Sometimes, it is necessary to start the computer or configure parameters for the first time (if any).
4. Requirement of practice
Use the 10fastfingers website (www.10fastfingers.com) to practice typing with 10 finger. The speed achieved is at least 60 words/minute.
Install some common software on the computer:
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server